Do I need Insurance?

The insurance companies we contacted all said having an unpaid house sitter would not affect the home owners home and contents policy, in fact they prefer to have someone living in the house as opposed to leaving it vacant. They said everything would be covered as normal in accordance with the terms and conditions of the policy. The only thing you need to check is whether your possessions are also covered. All insurance companies are different and many do not cover the possessions a house sitter brings with them into the home. In this case, if you are concerned, you need to arrange your own contents insurance. If you are being paid to house sit or you are paying rent to the home owner then the home owners policy will be affected and you will need to arrange your own insurance.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.